Tuesday, May 22, 2007

RFD's Faux Turkey Breast w/ Mushroom Gravy & Steamed Veggies w/ Diz's Sage "Butter" Sauce

Real Food Daily is my favorite place to eat...
And I don't mean just in the L.A. area, I mean in the whole WORLD! Ann Gentry is such an inspiration for me and always amazes me with all the creative bi-weekly specials at her eateries. She incorporates mostly macrobiotic aspects of healing through food in her meals and of course, as with the strict law of macrobiotics, she makes use of all the organic seasonal items around our area. It is just absolutely amazing what she comes up with! Tonight, I made her faux turkey that I love so much in the fall (no worries, still within macrobiotic rules!) and added a side of steamed broccoli and a very light drizzle of my very own sage "butter" sauce.

Diz's Sage "Butter" Sauce:

2 t. Earth Balance Margarine
1 t. Extra Light Extra Virgin Olive Oil
pinch of rubbed sage
dash of fresh ground black pepper

No comments: